Content marketing, as mentioned in part I of this article, is the marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience — with the objective of driving profitable customer action.As mentioned earlier, businesses push out good valuable content under their name and brand to establish credibility, authority and relationship, such that they are the only logical choice amongst their competitors if the clients need help.We talked about the various elements of Content Marketing (CM), which includes:
- Your blog posts
- Social network
- Social media
- Guest blogging
- Press releases
- Video marketing
The above list of channels, when used together, provides a strong distribution channel for your content. Once you have created a valuable, SEO-optimised content, use these platforms to push your contents to more readers.We also talked about creating a strong content marketing strategy, which requires the following:
- Strategy and system
- Creating engaging content
- Leveraging on video for rapid product creation
Maximising the value your content in content marketing (CM)
In this article, we are going to talk about how to maximise the value of your content. The goal of any content marketing is to maximise the value of every content you have created.It follows the following steps:Phase 1: Creating the contentPhase 2: Distributing the contentPhase 3: Promoting the content
Phase 1: Creating The Content
Creating your own content follows a system of steps. I will share with you one of the fastest way to create your own content, the step by step guide will be highlighted below:
- Picking a topic — The first step is to choose a topic to write about. Having an end goal in mind of how you want to value add your clients through your content can determine how you are going to write about that topic.
- Write a bullet point outline — Create a skeleton for your content by writing out in bullet point outline. It gives the writer a clear direction of what to write about and expand on it.
- Record a video — This video can have multiple purposes, including uploading to social media sites like YouTube, as well as extracting the audio and sharing it with your clients. The video can then be gifted to your clients as valuable information.
- Extract the audio — The audio extracted can then be shared through various social media sites or added to your gifts for clients. Again, the aim is to gift them something valuable and this sets you up as an authority by sharing these information.
- Transcribe to article — once you have extracted the audio, you can hire a freelancer to then transcribe the audio into words. The content typed out can then be used on your sites, shared across social media or gifted, again, to your clients.
Phase 2: Distributing Content
A great content marketing strategy requires us to distribute the content to as many platforms and channels as possible. Using the same video we can do the following:
- Upload YouTube channel — The video created can be distributed to YouTube and other video sharing sites.
- Upload audio as podcasts in iTunes — The audio extracted can be of value by further promoting it as podcasts in iTunes, as well as distributing the content with more social sites that allows audio sharing.
- Embed youtube video on blog post with transcription — lastly, you can distribute the content on your own website as part of your content marketing strategy, by embedding the YouTube video on your site along with the transcription.
Phase 3: Promoting the content
This is the last crucial step for your content marketing — pushing it out to as much readers as possible and gaining traffic.
- Post link to blogposts on FB page — As part of your social media marketing strategy, you can share this content on Facebook to gain readership and traffic.
- Send Tweet with link to blog posts — Similarly, if you are using Twitter, you can reach out to as many potential readers as possible by sharing the link via Tweet.
- Send email to customers/subscribers — sharing your content and gifting your customers and subscribers by sending them email.
Overall, we can notice the strong social signal we can generate just by creating one content.
Outcome From Maximising Content
By following outcome from just one video, particularly, we generated the following:
- Presence on YouTube
- Article/content on blog
- Tweet material
- Facebook content
- Free content for subscribers and customers
All of which can be valuable, great content to your clients who lack expertise in those areas written for. Further, it strengthens your positioning in the market as an authority in your field. Content marketing can be a great way to implicitly tell your clients your level of expertise by showcasing and distributing content to users of the web.
In summary, for all of your content marketing strategy, make sure you hit the following checklist:
- Maximise value of content
- Modify and tweak when you see fit
- Different formats do not conflict
- Systemise and outsource
With a strong system and implementation in place, we can create a powerful leveraging system for your content marketing strategy, ensuring that we get the maximum value out of every article we have created.