Marketing is not easy. You need to present a unique and convincing reason why clients should choose you over others.
But you do not have to be a professional in digital marketing to attract customers to your website.
How can you attract customers in a world of decision paralysis and information overload?
Competitive industry. Multiple decisions to be made. Crowded marketplace.
These are just some of the many common problems that professional services face in their competition against their rival firms.
In the past, offline marketing via networking has been a key integral aspect of the professional services industry. However, this is slowly starting to change. Social media sites like LinkedIn and digital channels like blogs start to be increasingly popular and common over the past decade, giving business online resources to tap into for leads and business. And given how the world has changed in 2020, digital marketing space is as important as ever.
Digital marketing allows you to appear in the right place and right time, online, as your customers are looking for queries and keywords related your services. However, 91% of all pages are not receiving any digital traffic from Google, mostly due to the fact they are not digitally optimised.
When combined, online and offline marketing channels can allow you to reach clients and build your presence in many different developing markets. But to understand digital marketing in general, you will have to understand the various options of marketing channels available for professional services.
Marketing for a company is simply the act of bringing in new business by increasing your firm’s visibility and reputation, generating opportunities for you to convert into closed deals.
Digital marketing is no different. With the use of the internal and its tools, digital marketing aims to grow the website and company, attracting customers through channels such as search engines, website development, content marketing, social media marketing and more.
There are many methods to generate such growth, each supporting different goals. Common goals that are attainable by digital marketing may include:
- Targeting specific demographics
- Building your brand
- Nurturing leads
- Driving faster growth
- Higher revenue
Channels of Marketing for Professionals
Importance of Creating Different Marketing Channels
Imagine, if you can get 10 new leads from one marketing channel? How much additional business would that bring to you and your company?
Additionally, replicating that effort to other channels would gain you tens of additional leads on a monthly basis. This may sound too good to be true, but it is possible, as search engine experience constant traffic and searches every day.
The beauty of digital marketing is that it can be scaled easily, without the need for logistical restrictions. It overcomes the time, place, and locational barriers. It is easy to expand across different marketing channels, and deep dive into individual ones, at the same time.
If you only pool your efforts into one marketing channel, you are narrowing your reach significantly. Any audience members that are not engaging with that platform, will be out of your reach by default. That is leaving a lot of stones unturned and leaving opportunities on the table.
While one marketing channel might bring in most of your leads, you may still be incentivised to want to diversify your strategy.
The digital marketing landscape is forever changing, affected by consumer mannerism and digital algorithms. A multichannel marketing strategy also allows you keep up with your competition across your channels. This way, you have a higher chance of capturing your audience’s attention, and lesser chance of being overlooked.
What Are the Types of Digital Marketing?
Having multiple pillars or marketing stabilises your digital marketing infrastructure. There are many different marketing channels to choose from and varying strategies to adopt when you launch digital marketing campaigns. Digital marketing strategies may vary, but they all share the same approach requirement of being consistent and disciplined.
Results will start to show over time. In months, your key metrics could be drastically improving as you enjoy the incentivised feeling of customers knocking on your Contact Us page on their own accord.
Here are the few Digital Marketing services that are available as options for Professionals:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Website Design & Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pay Per Click
- Lead Generation
- Email Marketing
Marketing Channel 1 – SEO
The Right Agency Will Bring You Steady, Increasing Results within Months.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) services are industry-specific. The content required and strategy employed will not only have to be high-quality, but they also have to be researched regularly in order to keep up with the consumer market.
A good SEO company does regular research, refine their strategy in phrases in order to bring your more traffic volume
How SEO Can Generate Hundreds of Traffic Every Month
Everything starts with a search. These days, about 9 out of 10 online activities start with an internet search. And out of those people, 3 in 4 of them don’t even reach the second page of search engine results.
SEO means to make a website more appealing to Google as well as other online search engines. The goal everyone strives towards is to be one of the first websites listed whenever someone searches for words that are related to your service.
The higher your website ranks in the search engine results pages (SERPs for short), the greater the number of potential visitors your site will get.
This translates into a higher chance of conversation rate into paying clients.
What Does SEO mean for Professionals?
With the internet at everyone’s fingertips, we now have access to so much information in a matter of seconds. Professional services are sought for across the internet, making it an effective and consistent source of business that companies should focus their marketing efforts on.
Every month, in Singapore, an average of 400 people are searching for the parent term “Accounting Services Singapore”. (Source: Ahrefs)
According to a newly published study, the first organic result in Google Search has an average click-through rate of 28.5%. With sufficient SEO fundamentals, that is about 114 new potential leads to convert into paying customers.
Imagine having 100 of customers or a few dozen more calls every single month. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? How much more business would you be able to generate from that?
Having an unoptimised website just means that you are neglecting the potential business that your website can actually bring you. That is plenty of dollars waiting to be earned.
What is SEO in Marketing and What is an SEO Example?
Case Study: SGHomeNeeds
For another of our clients, we managed to use SEO to kickstart their website and obtain traffic from both segregated markets – merchants and customers. By consistently following a disciplined SEO strategy, SGHomeNeeds can now enjoy $25,000 worth of traffic every month, with an average of 800 customers daily.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is about making it easier for your customers to find you. Get started on your SEO efforts today.
What is SEO and how it works?
The process of optimising your online content for a search engine is quite technical. It requires modifications and improvements to your website that not only helps your website appear more superior to algorithms, but also to web users across the internet as well.
The SEO process is split into two equally important approaches known as On-Site SEO and Off-Site SEO.
To find out more, you can check out our SEO For Professionals article here.
Marketing Channel 2 – Website Development
How Website Design Can Make You Stand Out
For any website, a nicely designed site will determine how your web visitors view your business, and subsequently, your brand and identity. A professionally built website signals to your clients that you and your brand are fully responsive and responsible such that it provides an optimal interaction and viewing experience, in the form of readability and navigation, across various screen sizes and devices.
Is your website making a good first impression?
SEO may be responsible for laying the groundwork for getting customers to your website, but it is the website design that keeps your customer on your web page and eventually converts them into your clients.
Making a good first impression is not as difficult as you might think, but it does take some careful planning and a great strategy. You would need to understand your audience and understand what can attract them.
- Is it your content?
- Is it your web design?
- Does your website show what your brand means?
- Does your website have a way for customers to reach you?
- Does your website explain to audiences more about your company?
Website development is not about just solely design. How you display your content matters too. Hence, the maintenance and improvement of a website is key to having a healthy and active website.
The Ability to Convert Customers to Clients
- Try developing a persona as a buyer to gain a better understanding of your potential customer’s preferences, interests, needs and more. With this data, you can better produce content that is tailored to your customer’s wants and needs.
- Results from various studies have proven that the more trust a consumer places in a company, the more likely they will buy from them. However, building trust is not something that can be done quickly. It takes time to gradually build a relationship with your customers. Yet, it is important to note that the returns you’ll get from creating a trustworthy and consistent brand image will really go a long way.
- Do take note that not everyone who clicks into your website are there to buy a product. There may be situations where they are simply researching for more information or are curious about your products. As such, the content of your website should not only be concentrated on sales.
- To separate your website into different sections, consider using different fonts or bolding your headers. Keep your paragraphs straightforward and concise and employ sub-headers to further split it into different topics. Additionally, remember to link your website to other relevant sites so that viewers can navigate through it easily. This allows customers to find relevant information quickly, lowering the chances of them losing patience and turning to a competitor’s services instead.
- Your website’s content should be high-quality and professional. These traits are vital, as potential customers may think poorly of your brand and website if it is not done well. If writing it not your forte, consider engaging professional services to write and develop the contents of your website for you.
Other factors that are important to your website’s retention rate includes
- Customer Loyalty Programs
Better Website, Better Brand
Having a website with a pleasant user experience can give your website a better brand reputation, as it shows that you care about your customers. Learn how your website can make a great first impression by contacting LeadingSolution today. Professional Website Development can help you create a pleasant customer experience and increase your returning customers.
Marketing Channel 3 – Social Media Marketing
How Social Media Marketing Can Generate You Hundreds of Leads Every Month?
Social Media Marketing is another key pillar of your digital marketing endeavours. It is the only place which allows you to connect directly with your customers and receive immediate feedback in the form of metrics and button interactions.
With social media, publishing ads on various platforms can be done instantly as long as you meet the guidelines of the different platforms. Additionally, the outreach can be achieved within a shorter time frame, allowing business owners to get started quickly.
Social Media Marketing also means that users have access to your content 24/7. This accessibility is an advantage as it caters to the schedule of every individual, including those in any other parts of the world.
Lastly, Social Media Marketing gives you more options to choose from. More options can mean better opportunities if you know how to leverage on them. This is where we come in to help you analyse what’s best for your business.
Choosing your Social Media Platform for Marketing
- Facebook – The blue giant is notable for being an easily sharable platform that connects user across friends and family. On Facebook, news and viral media spread like wildfire, giving businesses the opportunities to latch onto viral trends. It is a platform that serves products and services with a low price point very well, as the decision to purchase is more likely to be impulsive.
- LinkedIn – A professional network where individuals share their occupational milestones and updates. For B2B companies, this is the perfect internet space for you to impress your connections and build your client network.
- Instagram – Instagram is a highly visual platform that has an algorithm that is leaning heavily towards videos and live streams. Audiences on Instagram skew heavily towards being 30 or younger. Businesses with attractive and visual products would thrive in this landscape, being able to build a following using pictures and video posts.
- Twitter – Twitter posts are limited in characters and great for being a mini-newsletter channel, posting promotional news and disseminating information quickly.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is another realm that design-related content creators would benefit from. It is a great starting point for businesses looking to create awareness through infographics.
- YouTube – YouTube’s landscape has shifted drastically over the years to the version that it is today. Currently, YouTube favours videos that ha longer run time and user retention, making mini-documentaries and informative videos very algorithm-friendly. It is a good space for companies to add a human touch of personality while presenting education content or information about their company.
Creating an Effective and Unique Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Research your target demographic age group
- Determine which social platforms is best for you to reach this age group
- Create unique and engaging content worth sharing
- Schedule your updates regularly
- Analyse your results and data to make changes if necessary.
Over time, your social media ads will not only drive sales, but will build your social media fanbase, which can be a real marketing asset. Being able to reach thousands of people that are already interested in your company can give you another source of feedback, mailing list and revenue to tap into.
Wouldn’t you be interested in having that amount of media influence?
All you need is a social media account with quality content, and we are here to help you with that!
Marketing Channel 4 – Content Marketing
What is Content Marketing and How Can It Get You New Leads?
Usually, when people hear content marketing, they would assume it is about blogs and content creation. While that is part the marketing campaign, it is not the ultimate end goal. Blog articles are not the only source of content that businesses can tap into. There are other channels for content to be used to reach a wider audience for your business. These includes downloadable guides, ebooks, infographics, podcasts, webinars and videos.
These forms of content are all unique in their own way and can allow you to reach to a wider audience by trading your viewer’s attention for lead information.
How to Use Content Marketing?
You can also repurpose content in different ways, compiling multiple related articles into a downloadable free book, or using them as a topic of discussion for your podcast or video episodes. The main idea is to engage your customers and provide educational value.
There are plenty of other more creative and interesting strategies that comes with experience. Content Marketing is about how to deliver the content to the right people in different ways.
What You Can Achieve with Effective Content Marketing Techniques
- Raise Brand Awareness
- Build Your Mailing List
- Convert Audiences into Paying Customers
- Retain Returning Customers
- Increase Purchase Volume of Returning Customers
Web readers crave bite-size, interesting and relevant content. Graphics and colourful interfaces also incentivise them to share these contents. These engagement metrics show Google that your website is worth sharing and easy to reach. If it is easy for search engines to reach your website, simultaneously, the chances of having your website rank are also higher. Start generating high quality content to drive traffic and reach out to target prospects.
Marketing Channel 5 – Pay Per Click
Easiest, Fastest Marketing Channel to Get Started on Right Now
PPC ads are a simple and effective digital marketing option. As an advertising option, PPC ads is easy to understand and implement. Most companies see it as a simple transactional element of exchanging money for new leads.
However, effective PPC ads are usually refined and tested in multiple phases. Data is then analysed and reverse-engineered to find the winning combination of an ad copy that captures the most attention and clicks.
This way, marketing dollars and precious time will be needlessly wasted on obtaining leads from a limited customer pool or on ads that are not getting the required response.
How do PPC Ads Work and How Much Do They Cost?
The budget for PPC ads would vary depending on the industry that the company is in. Competitive industries would command a higher CPC (cost per click), as the digital marketing space for these industries is more congested. The target audience may also be more niche, limiting the online ad space that these ads can surface on.
As shown in the screenshots below, “Lawyer Singapore” cost users $3.50 per click while “Accounting Services” costs $9 per click.
This is a sharp comparison to industries such as dentistry, which is lower at $2.50.
Urgent, Fast, Tangible Results
PPC ads are known to be a low-cost marketing technique. You pay only when there is a click. Your outreach will depend on the perimeters set fi There is a high chance for a good ROI. and you are essentially reaching out to leads and prospects who are actively searching for what you can offer.
PPC are quick to implement and suit many business owners who are eager to get started and make a name for themselves.
Marketing Channel 6 – Lead Gen
Effective, High-Precision Lead Generation
High Quality Lead Generation
In order to convert a prospective client to becoming a lead, they must first come into contact with your firm. Only with the relevant contact information can you proceed to engage them in a discussion.
How Lead Generation Benefit You and Your Company
Lead Generation is a numbers game. The more leads you gather, the more you reach out to, the higher chance of conversation. Hence, it is easy scalable by effort and resources. With more time and money poured into campaigns, you obtain a larger database of prospects for your company to reach out to. This translates to a higher profit. As leads turn into full-fledged customers, the profit margins for the business increases as a result.
The process can also help you grow your brand organically, as you start to outreach to clients across your horizontal or market your campaign across your vertical.
The Ten Stepping Stones to Successful Lead Generation
- The Planning – Determining the offer and promotional perimeters of your campaign, along with the timeline of the project.
- The Hook – Campaigns need to be catered around a compelling point or attractive option for your audience to be interested in.
- The Offer – Crafting the sales offer and financial incentives for your customers. This may include validifying digital promo codes or changing your app store pricing.
- The Database – Accessing and building your database of prospects for you to perform the outreach
- The Landing Page – Crafting the landing pages with sufficient data and framework.
- The Campaign – Launching the campaign and sending out the email script to your prospects
- The Promotion #1 – Modify your website to include redirecting web users to your new landing page.
- The Promotion #2 – Other marketing channels can now be used to support the campaign. PPC ads can be run, Social Media channels can be used to promote.
- The Data Analysis – The metrics and success rate are then analysed to review the effectiveness of the campaign. You’ll not only want to measure the numbers of leads secured, but also other conversion metrics such as ‘visits to leads’, ‘landing page effectiveness’ and promotional tactics effectiveness. This will allow you to know the attrition rate of every step of the funnel your prospect go through.
- The Modification – This includes modifying your email headers, promotional perimeters, outreach audience and other factors to tweak the approach of the script. With experience, you can save up on time on this step and end up with a more successful campaign right from the first wave.
Top Online Strategies for Generating New Leads
For Lead Generation campaigns, the key goal is usually to bring your prospects to a landing page within your website, where it contains a form to collect your prospect’s information.
However, there are a few tricks that you can use to differentiate yourself and offer promotional gimmicks more subtlety:
- Know your comparative advantage.
- Offering referrals discounts
- Forming Collaborations and Partnerships
- Have a Brand Ambassador or Spokesperson
Marketing Channel 7 – Email Marketing
What is Emailing Marketing and How Does It Work?
Emails is another marketing tool to expand their business and create a brand presence by engaging with their clients directly. Unlike other avenues like social media, emails are usually a one-way conversation, in the form of promotional updates and monthly newsletters. However, this might work in favour for some companies, as it acts as a less intrusive way for companies to reach their customers. For B2B companies, it might also be effective in building your network of professional relationships with other companies.
How Small Businesses Take Advantage of Email Marketing
Small businesses are in a best position to capitalise on email marketing, as they have more flexibility to mould their image. Depending on your industry, you can also deviate or lean towards certain trends and get ‘closer to the ground’, to build trust more rapidly with local customers. Bigger companies may share a disconnect with the smaller communities and hence be unable to replicate this effect.
Maintaining Relationship with Long Term Clients
Email marketing gives you the tool to reengage with old clients that might have stopped their purchases or simply forgotten about you. It also helps you to identify loyal and returning customers that you might be looking to reward in a form of a discount or free product.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Adobe estimates that millennials spend about 6.4 hours each day reading their emails. Other than this metric’s potential, here are other benefits that make email marketing a smart solution for communicating with your audience and finding new customers:
- Target and Personalised Content
- Trackable Results with Instant Feedback
- Better Brand Recognition
- Boost Sales and Build Stronger Customer Relationships
- Reach Your Supportive Audience Members
- Easy to Share and Reach a Global Audience
Constant Upsell to Generate Income
With a huge enough database, you can start to segregate your customers based on their spending habits and volume, allowing you to know your big spenders and small spenders.
Using this information, you can help move your customers horizontally up your customer tiers or simply segregate your marketing campaigns to suit each group of customers. This can come in the form of different packages and services, which are priced at different price points.
Best Practices for Email Marketing
One of the key practices is to be as transparent and honest as possible with your customers. Avoid falling out of favour with your customers by sending too many uninvited emails. Unsubscribe numbers are likely to fall in you’re your client base expands. While it may mean that you are unable to reach them via email without stepping on some toes, focus your campaign efforts on the remaining subscribers instead. Unsolicited or generic emails are slowly losing popularity, as the modern consumer get desensitised to reading generic email copies.
Quality checks are important in Email Marketing, since after you click the send button, there is virtually nothing you can do to change any misspelling or grammatical errors.
Adding an extra zero or putting the wrong price point can be disastrous. Create a checklist for you to cross reference with and have someone else proofread your work. Alternatively, you can use our free-to-download our Leading Solution Email Marketing Checklist here
With the right strategy and disciplined execution, Digital Marketing allows you to generate more leads and sales over time without incurring additional costs. It can help you create an automated and everlasting funnel for continuous traffic to your website.
As an experienced Digital Marketing company with a diverse portfolio across different industries, we do our due diligence in researching and devise specific online marketing strategies tailor-made to your industry and competition.
Contact us for a free quote and discussion now.